Chamber Choir is an audition-based co-curricular at PRHS that comprises students interested in learning complex music from various eras and genres. Auditions for Chamber Choir are held primarily in the late fall, with additional auditions added as necessary.
Students are not required to be in chorus to be in chamber choir, though participation in chorus is a great advantage.
- Sing an Italian aria from District II auditions or "The Star-Spangled Banner"
- Pitch matching
- Learn a part on-the-spot by ear (and hold your part while another is sung)
- Sight Reading
- Special consideration is given to your prior habits of work in Chorus and other classes/ensembles
Chamber Choir membership will be posted once all auditions are complete. Alternate seats will be assigned to students by invitation only. Students in alternate positions shall be awarded seats in the ensemble in the case of an ensemble absence.
Chamber Choir students will be expected to follow these norms in order to maintain their seat in the ensemble:
- Attend all rehearsals*
- Always have music and pencil
- Arrive to rehearsal with the assigned repertoire prepared
- Maintain exemplary behavior during rehearsals: attentiveness, engagement, posture, vocal effort, respect to ensemble